We’ll cover why pre-emergent herbicides are an important tool in Australian cropping systems and how pre-emergents help you to manage herbicide resistance in crop weeds. (Especially in a world where 11 of the 17 modes of action have documented resistance.)
brought to you by
We recognise that the herbicide-only era is over.
And it’s also important we address how to best use the herbicides we DO have access to.
We'll run through the basics of pre-emergent herbicides and then look at how they can be used in both winter and summer cropping systems.
If you're an agronomist and you'd like to deepen your understanding of how pre-emergent herbicides work, this is the course for you!
Want to understand pre-emergent herbicides in three hours? Join our experts Dr Chris Preston (University of Adelaide) and Mr Mark Congreve (ICAN) as they take you through all you need to know about getting the most out of pre-emergent herbicides.
1. Get in on the action
There's videos, audio, PDF downloads and quizzes to help you get the most out of our Pre-emergent Herbicides 101 course. Choose your own level of involvement.
The course is broken into four parts:
- Section 1: Understanding Pre-em Basics
- Section 2: Using Pre-ems in a Winter Cropping System
- Section 3: Using Pre-ems in a Summer Cropping System
- Section 4: Bonuses
Q&A discussion with Chris Preston and Mark Congreve (facilitated by Peter Newman)
Pre-Emergent Herbicides 101 also includes:
- Podcast interviews with Chris Preston, Mark Congreve and Peter Newman
- Live webinar with Chris Preston, Mark Congreve and Peter Newman
Time required: You can complete the core modules of the course (Sections 1-3) in about 3 hours. If you'd like to go through all of the bonus materials as well (Q&A discussion, webinar replay, podcast interview and the resource library), give yourself another 2-3 hours.
Remember: You have lifetime access so take the course at your own pace.
2. What you'll get from Pre-emergent Herbicides 101
- Access to our free course (with 12 videos) that covers the basics of how pre-emergent herbicides work, plus practical tips to help you incorporate these herbicides on farm (for both summer and winter cropping)
- Simple, step-by-step instruction from Dr Chris Preston (University of Adelaide) & Mr Mark Congreve (ICAN)
- A comprehensive overview of what we currently know about pre-emergent herbicides and how to best use them in your farming system
3. Join now!
Ready to join us?
Click the button below to sign up for a free account. Signing up for a Diversity Era account also subscribes you to email updates from WeedSmart so we can keep you in the loop with info on new courses + WeedSmart news, events and webinars!
- How This Course Works
- Please Read Before Continuing
- Download The Plain English Summary
- Take the 30-Day Challenge!
- Module 1: Herbicide resistance – why pre-emergent herbicides are important in Australian cropping systems
- Module 2: Where your weed seeds are – how to get pre-emergent herbicides to work
- Module 3: Pre-emergent herbicide behaviour – solubility and binding
- Module 4: Pre-emergent herbicide persistence – what affects persistence and when too much is a problem
- Module 5: Incorporation of pre-emergent herbicides and crop residue management – when you need it and why
- Section 1 Quiz
- Module 6: Maintaining crop safety with pre-emergent herbicides
- Module 7: Getting the most from pre-emergent herbicides in the farming system
- Module 8: Resistance to pre-emergent herbicides and its management
- Section 2 Quiz
- Module 9: Residual herbicide use in summer fallow
- Module 10: Residual herbicide use in summer crops – at planting
- Module 11: Residual herbicide use in summer crops – in crop
- Section 3 Quiz
- Module 12: Q&A discussion with Chris Preston, Mark Congreve and Peter Newman
- Module 13: Resource library for more information on pre-emergent herbicides
- Podcast episode with Chris Preston and Mark Congreve
- Q&A Webinar
- Enjoyed the course? Let us know!
Great initiative. Good format (read slides and/or listen whilst doing field work), good content coverage from basics through to more complex discussion. Rela...Read More
Great initiative. Good format (read slides and/or listen whilst doing field work), good content coverage from basics through to more complex discussion. Relating back to practical application is beneficial. Length of each module is about right. Thanks very much.Read Less
A very good presentation of the basics of pre emergents. Well handled, good information in an easy format.
A very good presentation of the basics of pre emergents. Well handled, good information in an easy format.Read Less
Thank you for letting me join the course which has broadened my knowledge on preemergent herbicides. I think this is very valuable for most course participa...Read More
Thank you for letting me join the course which has broadened my knowledge on preemergent herbicides. I think this is very valuable for most course participants. I knew a little about pre-emergent herbicides before I took the course but now I understand how they work.Read Less